Monday, February 13, 2012

Chasing Away the Winter Blah's

I love winter and I love snow...especially this year since it took it's sweet time getting here! But even I can sometimes forget that I love them when I am freezing cold and scraping my car off after a long day at school... Anyways, after discovering Pinterest I discovered a site called Teacher's Pay Teacher's. It is a genuis site where teachers can post cute things they have created and other teachers can buy it from them.


This site makes me feel incredibley excited and super uncreative all at the same time. I can barely function on a computer enough to run this blog. I don't know how/have the time/ have the patience to come up with these things myself, so TPT is a godsend...even if I do sometimes feel a little bad about myself in the process. :)


One person who I particularly love is Amy Lemons. She is a 2nd grade teacher in Texas and she has a REALLY great blog. You can follow it here http://stepintosecondgrade.blogspot.com/ and an equally great TPT store which you can find here http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Amy-Lemons. And that is where I found this adorable winter writing craftivity for Project Friday.


A hallway shot


An up close view


First we created the people. The template that I needed was included in the download. I had the kiddo's cut out and color their winter person and glue it on to their choice of colored construction paper. Then we did a writing activity. There were 4 different topic choices which were all about winter. There was: My Snowy Day, In the Winter I..., My Winter Story, and I Like Winter Because... We did a quick writing process activity with it and I had them do a pre-write and edit because I wanted their best work for the hallway. They did a great job with them and they really brightened up our little corner of the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. You have o"fish" ally made my day. :)