Found a few new blogs to follow today. One of them has the weirdest title, until you actually go to the site and see the subtitle. Its called From Blood to Books! ( I know what you're thinking "thats a smidge odd".) But the subtitle is My Journey From Healthcare to Education. Oh, lightbulb moment. It all makes sense now...hey,what a cool name for a blog. ( In case you were wondering, yes, this was my thought process while clicking on the link.) Anywho! Jess, who runs that blog, is having a linky party about one of my favorite things: Fashion!
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE clothes. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE shopping for clothes. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE spending hours on pinterest looking for new ways to pair my clothes. Now, that is not to say that shopping doesn't ever leave me in a horrible mood, feeling like absolute crap about myself, OR that I can necessarily always afford to go. BUT! I love it none the less. So I knew I just HAD to link up. If you want to, and you should, you can too. You can join here:
Here's the guidelines:
1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teacher's fashion".
2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)
5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)
Please feel free to post any cute items, sales, outfits that you have grabbed for this upcoming school year!
1. My favorite stores to shop at are:
TJ Maxx ( If it was possible to live in a store I totally would live here.)
Lands End ( on sale stuff only)
and JC Penny ( mostly because it's the only real clothing store we have in town)
( Don't try clicking on the pictures. For some reason my blog is not wanting to do picture links today. GRRR!)
2. I really LOVE purses. I get a new one for my birthday every year. This year the purse I wanted, a Marc Jacobs tote, sold out before I got it. So in the interim ,while I am deciding what I want instead, I am using this cute Betsey Johnson tote that I picked up at TJ MAXX for only $30!
I LOVE jewelry and I really love the look of bracelets but I am just not a bracelet wearer. I do usually wear a necklace. One of my fave's is my name necklace that my Best Friend got me for my birthday. I also love my fingerprint necklace. My husband and daughter got it for me for Christmas this past year. It has my daughters fingerprint engraved on a heart. Super cool!
I know I just said I am not a bracelet wearer but, I am super hardcore wanting this watch by Fossil. So if any of you have an extra $150 laying around and want to get this for me that would be great. :)
3. I am ALL about comfort on my feet. Usually I wear flip flops as much as possible. What typically happens is I wear dress shoes to work and shove a pair of sandals in my bag. Then I change once I get to my room. If we are going out of our room I put the dress shoes back on. That way I can look professional " in public". In the winter I have several pairs of boots that I go through. I have kind of become obsessed with the look of ballet flats and I think I will be purchasing several pairs for this year. But NOTHING I wear has more than an inch heel and even then its a thick heel...no stiletto's for this girl!
4. You know those t- shirt/ jersey material " sweaters". They're basically like a long sleeve t-shirt cut down the middle. Yeah, I pretty much LIVE in those. They go with everything and they are SO comfy. I have one in black, one in tan, and two in different shades of blue. I want one in white, one in grey, and one in a fun color like purple or pink. Then my life will be complete. :)
5. After I had had my daughter I was in that in between stage of having some regular clothes fit but having to still wear some maternity wear. I was wearing a button down plaid shirt that apparently I wasn't quite as ready to wear as I thought, because during our reading time one of the little girls made the comment that she could see my belly through my shirt. ( It was gappy between the buttons. Ouch!) So needless to say it was a while before I wore that again and then I wore a tank top underneath it for a while after that. :)
I will leave you with a few things I am wanting to purchase for myself/ pinterest outfits I am re-creating come fall. :)
Really want both of these little numbers ( but with a black top for the skirt) from Old Navy.
I have most of the peices to recreate similar looks to these come fall.